Craving a warm cup of coffee in the City of Pines? Nestled amidst the cool mountain air and stunning landscapes, Baguio has evolved into a vibrant cafe city that marries the traditional with the trendy.
The city’s cafes, each with its unique ambiance and delectable offerings, are just waiting to become your new favorite spot. Whether you’re seeking the perfect backdrop for your Instagram photos or craving a quiet place to unwind, here are ten cafes in Baguio you should definitely add to your list.
What is It About Baguio?
The first time we visited Baguio as a family, we fell in love with the place right away. While it is a few hours away from Manila via drive, it’s more than worth going the distance to visit the city, and it’s not just the coffee! Here are some other things we love about Baguio (and we’re sure you’ll love them too!)
- The Climate – We absolutely adore Baguio’s cool, year-round weather. Unlike other parts of the Philippines, Baguio provides us with a refreshing respite from the usual tropical heat. It’s like being given a warm hug by nature herself, especially in the early mornings and late evenings.
- The Food – We have found gastronomic delight in the myriad of food choices Baguio offers. From the fresh produce at the local markets to the sumptuous dishes served in cafes and restaurants, our taste buds were never left wanting. Special mention goes to the sweet strawberries and Baguio’s very own ukoy (shrimp fritters).
- The Scenery – We are continuously spellbound by Baguio’s breathtaking landscapes. The city’s parks and gardens, its panoramic views of the mountains, and even its charming houses cascading down the hillsides, all contribute to a soothing feast for our eyes.
- The Art and Culture – We have developed a profound appreciation for the rich and diverse art and culture scene in Baguio. With places like Ili-Likha Artists Village and the BenCab Museum, we’ve been introduced to local art forms that we found truly inspiring. The city’s thriving creative community is truly a gem.
- The Baguio Spirit – Above all, we fell in love with the warmth and resilience of the Baguio people. Despite the city’s rapid modernization and the challenges brought about by natural calamities, the locals have shown us what the “Baguio spirit” truly means. Their friendly smiles, their willingness to lend a hand, and their unwavering positivity make us love Baguio even more.
10 Best Cafes in Baguio
1. Choco-late de Batirol
At Choco-late de Batirol, simplicity and authenticity steal the show. This charming spot offers a delectably straightforward menu, with their signature handcrafted hot chocolate being a crowd favorite. The cozy ambiance, enhanced by Instagram-worthy decor, adds to the allure, making this cafe a must-visit for both a comforting meal and a memorable photo op.
Address: Igorot Park, Camp John Hay, Baguio, 2600 Benguet
2. Starbucks Camp John Hay
Starbucks at Camp John Hay offers a unique experience, blending the familiar comfort of their coffee with the crisp Baguio breeze. The delightful combination of delicious food, aromatic coffee, and warm company truly sets this location apart. Undeniably, a visit here is an essential part of the Baguio experience – comfort, caffeine, and camaraderie all in one picturesque place.
Address: Cottage 661, Camp John Hay, Baguio, Benguet
3. Grumpy Joe Upper Session Road
Grumpy Joe impresses with its prompt service and delicious food offerings that never fail to satisfy. Its thoughtful interior design and alfresco seating option contribute to an overall cozy and inviting ambiance. A visit to this cafe guarantees an enjoyable dining experience, making it a must-visit spot when in Baguio.
Address: Upper Session Rd, Baguio, Benguet
Phone: 0956 917 1886
4. 113 Wagner Café, Baguio City – Private Home Dining (By Reservation Only)
113 Wagner Café creates an unforgettable dining experience with its superb cuisine, romantic and cozy ambiance, and impeccable service. The place shines especially in the evening with its exceptional lighting, adding to the exclusive vibe. Be sure to reserve a spot for an indulgence worth every centavo. Remember, reservations are essential and can be made via their social media platforms.
Address: 113 Wagner Rd, Baguio, Benguet
5. Cafe Adriana by Hill Station
Cafe Adriana by Hill Station provides a delightful fusion of Western and Asian cuisine in a relaxed, ‘old-world’ setting. The attentive service and live acoustic performances enhance the overall dining experience, making every bite and moment worth the wait. This upmarket café is an ideal spot for those who appreciate good food and excellent ambiance.
Address: Casa Vallejo, Upper Session Rd, Baguio, 2600 Benguet
6. Secret Garden
Secret Garden offers a delightful and cozy retreat in Baguio City. Its excellent food, paired with surprisingly affordable prices, makes it a top choice among cafes in the area. The restaurant’s generous portions and classic menu choices contribute to an enjoyable and satisfying dining experience.
Address: 34 Paterno St, Camp John Hay, Baguio, Benguet
Phone: 0744420406 or 0927 297 6889
7. The Outlook Steak & Grill
Surrounded by stunning mountainous and pine tree views, The Outlook Steak & Grill delivers top-shelf steaks and attentive service in an awe-inspiring setting. With excellent food, refreshing drinks, and competitive prices, it offers an unparalleled dining experience in Baguio City. And, OF COURSE, amazing coffee with a stunning view of Baguio’s pine trees!
Address: 43 North Outlook Drive, Brgy.Gibrattar, Baguio, 2600 Benguet
8. Craft 1945
Craft 1945 is a harmony of nature, classic ambiance, and mouthwatering Spanish cuisine. Perfect for family gatherings or a special date, its charm is enhanced by a superb beer selection, mastered by a brewer with German expertise. A must-visit in Baguio for a unique dining and drinking experience.
Address: 9 Outlook Dr S, Baguio, 2600 Benguet
9. Tsokolateria Artisinal Cafe
Tsokolateria Artisanal Cafe is a chocoholic’s paradise nestled on Baguio’s hillside. The local hot chocolate drinks perfectly complement their delectable waffles, offering a delightful sweet journey. With its superb views and cool breezes when seated by the window, this cafe ensures a memorable dining experience, blending taste with the scenery.
Address: Igorot Stairs, Upper Session Rd, Baguio, Benguet
10. Vizco’s Restaurant & Cake Shop
Vizco’s Restaurant & Cake Shop on Session Road is a must-visit for those seeking a quick yet satisfying meal. Their breakfast offerings, pizzas, and pasta cater to various palates. The star of their menu is the bestseller strawberry shortcake – a delight not to be missed for both local tourists and cake enthusiasts alike.
Address: Porta Vaga Mall, Session Rd, Baguio, 2600 Benguet
Other Things to Do in Baguio
Are you thinking of other things to do when you’re in Baguio? Well, there’s just so much to do. Fill up your schedule by checking out these other destinations and activities!
- Visit Burnham Park – This centrally located park offers a wide range of activities from boating on the man-made lake, bicycling, skating, or just picnicking and relaxing on its green grounds.
- Explore the Baguio Botanical Garden – Showcasing a wide array of native and exotic flora, the Botanical Garden is a nature lover’s paradise. There’s also an intriguing network of caves to explore in its premises.
- Drop by the Mines View Park – Offering a stunning view of the abandoned gold and copper mines of the Itogon town, this park is a favorite spot for sightseeing and souvenir shopping.
- Stroll along Session Road – Baguio’s commercial hub, Session Road, is lined with shops, restaurants, and bakeries. It’s the perfect place to sample local cuisine or pick up locally-made products.
- Experience horseback riding at Wright Park – Wright Park offers a fun horseback riding experience for both kids and adults. The long Pool of Pines at its entrance also offers a great photo opportunity.
- Tour The Mansion – As the official summer residence of the Philippine President, The Mansion is a stunning architectural masterpiece that is open for public viewing.
- Experience tranquility at the Baguio Cathedral – Located on top of Mount Mary Hill, the Baguio Cathedral offers beautiful stained glass and an elevated view of the city.
- Visit the La Trinidad Strawberry Farm – Just a short drive from Baguio, you can enjoy picking your own strawberries and sampling various strawberry products.
- Check out the Philippine Military Academy – Visitors are allowed to tour the grounds of the country’s premier military school and get a glimpse of cadet life.
- Visit BenCab Museum – Founded by the National Artist Benedicto Cabrera, this museum houses contemporary and indigenous Philippine art and offers stunning views of the adjacent forest and farm.
Remember, Baguio City is known for its cool climate, so be sure to bring warm clothing. Enjoy your visit to the City of Pines!
So, there you have it, ten must-visit cafes in the heart of Baguio. From quaint corners offering the perfect solitude to trendy spots buzzing with energy, each cafe on this list boasts a unique experience that is sure to impress.
If you’re a foodie, then you should check out these lists next:
- 10 Uptown Mall Restaurants to Try ASAP (Ranked)
- Our Top 10 BGC Restaurants You Should Visit Next [Updated]
- 10 Best Podium Restaurants to Dine In
So, the next time you find yourself in the City of Pines, take the time to savor the coffee culture that Baguio has lovingly brewed. Because the best part of a journey, as they say, is not just the destination but the stops you make along the way. Happy cafe hopping!